[Recap] Soompi Weekly Roundup November Week 3
All the important Korean Entertainment news from this week in one place: This is your Weekly Soompi Roundup!
After the very busy and dramatic last week, it seems that things have somewhat quieted down in the K-Pop world.
- JYP Entertainment revealed how long each of their artists are signed on to the company for. It looks like 2015 will be an important year.
- A crazy “fan” ran on stage and tried to harass Crayon Pop’s ChoA. I don’t know, I feel like if you do something that frightens or endangers the singer, you lose your title of “fan.”
- Japanese media reported that Nicole will go back to the United States to study, but DSP was like “We found out about this when everyone else did.” This is the second time DSP was surprised by a report about Nicole. Her contract isn’t done yet, so why do they act Nicole has no contact with anyone from DSP?
- Rain is having legal troubles with his building tenants, again.
- Meanwhile, Block B is officially cleared of the weird lawsuit going on between different agencies.
- Younha was chosen as the honorary ambassador for the “2013 AIDS Prevention Campaign.” I’m sure she’ll do a great job with her beautiful music.
- Comedian Jeon Young Joong passed away at the young age of 27. Rest in Peace.
- Eunhyuk and Sungmin’s SNS hacker was caught, which isn’t a big surprise since he outed himself saying that he was a “Super Star K” contestant’s ex-boyfriend.
The fashion pictorial of the week goes to the cast of “Reply 1994” because it’s nice to see them wearing something not out of the nineties.
Next…the music video of the week did not have naked idols or idols being tortured.
The music video of the week goes to Lim Kim’s “Goodbye 20” because I wanted to see something sweet and innocent. There are no naked women or idols being tortured and ripped apart here.
Other notable music videos:
T.O.P – Doom Dada
2NE1 – Missing You
Phantom – New Era
VIXX – Voodoo Doll
FT Island – Madly
Alphabat – AB City
Wassap – Nom Nom Nom
Blady – Blood Type B Girl
100% V – Missing You
Rhythm Kim – Think About You Feat. Bumkey, Ye Eun, and Shorry J
Electroboyz – Busted Feat. C-Luv
Dal Shabet’s Woo Hee – Tomorrow Feat. Im Seulong
San E. – Break Up Dinner Feat. Sanchez
Dynamic Duo – Three Dope Boyz and Hot Wings feat. Hyorin
Odd Eye – Never
In other music news…
- 2NE1 announced their world tour. There might be more countries added, too.
- Our favorite BFFs will be coming back with a new album! Can you say, “Oppa Oppa?”
- Check out our under rated artist spotlight on EQuality!
- Dong Bang Shin Ki will release a special album to celebrate their ten years. I was watching their debut performance and it made me sad.
- By the time this article is out, “2013 MAMA” would have happened. Expect a winners recap and red carpet gallery!
The SNS photo of the week goes to Amber’s adorable parody of “Hush” because everything this girl does is so cute.
You should also watch Jamie Foxx singing “Heaven’s Door” (in Korean!) with Eric Nam because who would have expected that?
Next…will she be the next “Coffee Prince?”
Park Han Byul makes a pretty tomboy. Looking at this photo makes me want to chop off all my hair too.
In other drama and film news…
- Song Hye Gyo and Lee Jun Ki won awards at the “2013 Apan Star Awards” and no, it is not missing a “J” as I originally thought.
- The high ratings earning drama “Secret” wrapped up its filming and celebrated with a party.
- Kwon Sang Woo was in the highest rating drama, and the lowest. Is “Medical Top Team” that bad?
- The cast for “I Need Romance Season 3” has been finalized with Sung Joon, Kim So Yeon, Nam Goong Min, and Wang Ji Won.
- Hoon from U-KISS will play IU’s brother on “Beautiful Man.”
- Will we be able to see Kim Woo Bin and Lee Hyun Woo on the big screen together? I hope there’s bromance!
- “Friend 2” broke the record for reaching 1 million viewers the fastest. They did it in three days!
Is “We Got Married” scripted? My guess is that it is to a certain extent, but come on, you’ve seen Son Na Eun and Taemin act. You know they’re not great actors. There are some things you just can’t fake. As for the cursing heard in the video…I was cursing at Taemin too. We all got emotionally involved. Do we hate Taemin? No, of course not. Let’s move on and enjoy the show for what it is: a variety program.
In other variety news,
- Soompiers love Monday Couple. All Gary has to do is look at Song Ji Hyo and ya’ll freak out and lament that they’re not a real couple.
- The cast for “1 Night 2 Days” have been mostly confirmed. Sadly, neither Lee Jun Ki nor Choi Minho will be in it. I would have totally watched it for either of them.
- “Nunas Over Flowers” will air after “Reply 1994” but will it be able to fill the void in our hearts after that drama ends?
- There will be a pet variety show (no really) and Kara’s Goo Hara and Brown Eyed Girls’ Jea will participate, along with their pets.
- Michael Bolton on “Hidden Singer 2?” What the random?
- There will be a new composer survival program, and (surprise surprise) Yoon Jong Shin will be MCing it.
- “EXO’s Show Time” will air soon, and their MC will be none other than their very own, Chanyeol.