[Recap] Soompi Weekly Roundup December Week 3
All the important Korean Entertainment news from this week in one place: This is your Weekly Soompi Roundup!
This week in Korean entertainment news…
- Busker Busker’s lead man Jang Beom Jun will be marrying actress Song Ji Soo. Song Ji Soo is twenty years old and will be having his child.
- Jonghyun, and one of the idol masters of SNS, changed his profile picture in support of a Korean transgender student. He said he had no interest in politices, but I’m glad he feels strongly about important matters other than K-pop!
- DMTN‘s Choi Daniel made a tearful statement for his first court appearance for his appeals. The poor kid, I hope he gets his sentence lessened!
- Wonbin and Lee Na Young went on a public date for the first time at a wedding. I can’t trust myself to say anything more because I have been, am, and will always be Wonbin biased.
- While most male celebrities are trying to find ways to avoid the military service, Taecyeon went out of his way to make sure he got in.
- Accusing someone of being a prostitute is pretty bad. After a few female celebrities declared that they will be suing the rumor starters, the prosecution came out and revealed that the people actually involved in the prostitution cases are not celebrities, but actual prostitutes.
- Feel better, Hongki. The singer slipped on ice and will need more than a month to recover.
- Former T-ara member Hwayoung will sign on to an acting agency. After what happened, she’s probably not interested in joining another girl group.
- Han Ye Seul has signed on with a new agency, SB Entertainment.
- If you ever get mad at your family, just be thankful that you’re not suing one another like Jang Yoon Jung and her mother. Geesh.
- Congratulations to B.A.P. The group took home three awards at Europe’s “So Loved Awards.”
- Yoo Jae Suk has been voted the best comedian of 2013 and it looks like most Soompiers agree.
- Rolling Stones chose T.O.P. as one of the sexiest icons of 2013. Which is a really impressive feat considering no one, not even his mother, has ever seen him without a shirt.
- Soompi and Line has partnered up! Are you friend with Soompi on the Line app yet? Go for it!
The fashion pictorial of the week goes to Son Ye Jin because she is really, really pretty.
Next…I am a true believer in bromance.
The music video of the week goes to Eunhyuk and Donghae’s “Still You” because I believe in Eunhae and so does SM.
Other notable music videos:
- T-ara – “Hide and Seek”
- IU – “Friday” Feat. Jang Yi Jeong
- Brown Eyed Soul – “You”
- K. Will – “Tears Perfume” Feat. Jeon Woo Sung
- Wassup – “La Pam Pam Pa”
- Jo Kwon – “Santa Clause is Comin’ to Town” Feat. Joo Hee, Kim Jeong Hee, Rap Monster
- Fresh Boyz – “Koala”
- Excite – “Come Back to Me”
- Miss $ – “Just Let Me Live” Feat. Skull
- Baek Ji Woong – “I Miss You” feat. Choi Jung Won
- Troublemaker – “Make You Smile” feat. G.Na and Ryu Hyun Jin
- Double K – “Nom” feat. Jay Park
- Bestie – “Zzang Christmas” feat. Yoon Se Yoon
- Kebee – “Cliff Flower”
- Zion. T – “Miss Kim”
- Yoon Jong Shin – “From January to June“
In other music news…
- What were the most reblogged K-Pop groups of 2013?
- 2013 will be the year of mergers! Loen Entertainment has invested a lot into Starship Entertainment.
- JYP will be very busy next year debuting two male groups AND a female group!
- More SMRookies! I think this trainee reveal concept is a good idea. We can watch these little babies blossom into full fledged idols, only deepening and intensifying the our love for them. Wait, is this a good idea?
- Blady really wants to get on music shows. They were willing to jump into frigid waters to prove their will. Someone, get these girls on a show!
- Girl’s Day has set an official comeback date for early January.
- Crayon Pop‘s agency will be debuting a new boy group. I hope this new group does a boy parody of “Bar Bar Bar.”
The SNS photo of the week goes to Yoon Eun Hye. She was at her friend Jadu‘s wedding, and not only did she catch the bouquet but she sang a congratulatory song! I was actually there too at the wedding and she also gave a sweet congratulatory message.
Don’t forget to check out this week’s Instagram photos!
Next…I like watching pretty boys cry.
I know it’s a period piece but I just can’t forgive Lee Jong Suk‘s hair part!
In other drama and film news…
- “Beautiful Man” sees a slight improvement in ratings, but it’s not by much.
- Meanwhile, the new dramas “Man from the Stars” and “Miss Korea” start off strong.
- Moon Geun Young will be getting paid a little later for her role in “Goddess of Fire.”
- Yoon Min Soo will make his acting debut in a cameo for “Reply 1994.”
- Wonder Girls‘ Ye Eun thanked everyone with the ending of “Basketball” which reminded everyone that there was a drama called “Basketball” and that it had ended.
- “The Heirs” ended. Relive the last moments here!
- Now that his drama is over, Lee Min Ho will move on to the big screen for “Gangnam Blues.” Kim Rae Won may be joining him.
- Im Soo Jung, Yoo Yeon Suk, and Lee Kyung Young will remake a sexy movie for “Secret Temptation.”
- PSY will cameo in the animation movie “The Nut Job.”
This may be my most favorite article ever. Is it weird that I like watching them cry?
In other variety news
- Yoo Jae Suk and Gary as the most desirable men on “Running Man?” Do you agree? What about Kim Jong Gook? Giraffe?
- Joo Won doesn’t want to do variety anymore. That’s okay, he’s good enough of an actor to do without.
- “Daddy Where Are You Going” has finished filming. Will the kids return for season 2 or will we see new cute faces?
- Sung Shi Kung, Heechul, and Sandara will be the MCs for the SBS Gayo Awards.
- Rain will reveal his home on the new reality program “Rain Effect.” But let’s be honest here, what we really want to know is if Kim Tae Hee will make an appearance.