Yang Hyun Suk Reveals Why He’s so Fixated on Survival Show Formats, Explains Voting System for “Mix & Match”

YG‘s CEO Yang Hyun Suk revealed why he is so insistent on survival show formats at the press conference for the upcoming YG survival show “Mix & Match.”

When a journalist at the conference asked him if he liked survival show formats, Yang Hyun Suk replied, “I guess you could say that. If you look at it, this world is a competition for survival.”

He further added, “Our singers go on stage and sing but it is all a fight to survive. Through the competitive process before debut, we can learn more about these [trainees], which will help with finding a production right for their image.”

He also explained the voting system for the upcoming show. “With Winner we decided on the final group 100% based on audience votes. But this time, the audience will have a 70% say, while the other 30% will come from me, members of BIGBANG, 2NE1, and other senior artists at YG.”

“Mix & Match,” which will determine the final members of the next YG boy group iKON, will premiere on September 11.