Movie Version Of “Doctor Stranger” Might Be Canceled Despite All The Pre-Preparation

The movie version of SBS’s “Doctor Stranger” seems to be at risk of being canceled. reported that despite the drama being re-filmed as a movie version after its ending in July, the movie has not been released. Even the actors are uncertain of the situation, though they have made the extra effort to film additional scenes.

A representative of one of the actors said, “We proceeded the filming with opening in Chinese theaters as our goal. However, we haven’t even seen a pre-edited version yet.”

“Will this movie even be released,” a representative of another actor asked with exasperation. “Though we were told the movie would open in theaters around the holidays, nothing has happened whatsoever. I do not understand why we even went through re-filming.”

Last June, during a press conference, producer Jin Hyuk said, “A 120 minute long movie of ‘Doctor Stranger’ will be made. It will mainly be focused on the melodramatic scenes.”

After the end of the drama, the actors got back together to film scenes for the intro and ending of the movie. Though a significant amount of time has passed since then, producer Jin Hyuk has not released any output. He is currently filming the Chinese drama “Secret Society of Men—Friends” with actor Park Hae Jin.

SBS is as flustered like other actors at the news that the movie may possibly be canceled.

“I know that the production of the Chinese version of “Doctor Stranger” has been canceled,” a SBS representative said. “I haven’t heard any news of the movie version. We will have to check on its process as soon as possible.” The representative added, “I wasn’t even aware of its re-filming.”

Meanwhile, “Doctor Stranger” was a popular drama that tells the story of two brilliant doctors fighting a dark conspiracy, featuring actors like Lee Jong Suk, Park Hae Jin, Kang Sora, and Jin Se Yeon.

Source (1)

[tv]Review your favorites scenes of Doctor Stranger on SoompiTV![/tv]

How does this article make you feel?