6 Easy Recipes From “Happy Together” Guaranteed to Satisfy Your Midnight Munchies
Have you ever been watching TV at night and gotten so hungry — because you were watching a food show — and needed a quick fix? KBS‘s “Happy Together” Late Night Cafeteria segment gives celebrities the opportunity to share with us their simple and easy, cost-efficient meals that can be whipped up in no time.
We’ve put together our favorite recipes you can try at home whether it’s a post-studying meal or a late night munch.
Requiring only two ingredients, this is an imitation of a popular Korean dessert loved by many and shared with us by Shin Bora. If you want to add a little more creativity and flavor, an assortment of nuts or fruits can serve as delicious toppings.
- 1 Pint of milk (preferably in a carton container)
- 1 Red bean popsicle
- Freeze the milk overnight
- Empty carton of frozen milk into a bowl
- Remove the red bean popsicle from the stick, and place it into the bowl
- Mash all the contents together
Another simple recipe that only requires two main ingredients, this dish can stand alone or be eaten with a side of rice. Suzy’s dish can make any cook feel accomplished due to its low cost and time efficiency.
- Cooking oil
- 1 tomato
- 2 eggs
- Add cooking oil to frying pan and place on heat
- Cut tomato into 4 pieces (or as desired)
- Scramble the eggs while seasoning with salt and then place to the side
- Using the same pan, fry the tomato pieces, making sure to press down and flatten the pieces while frying. Season with salt.
- Add the eggs back into the pan, and mix together while seasoning with pepper
Brought to us by the lovable Henry, the dish looks like a complicated entree requiring intensive cooking, but really just comes down to noodles and meat.
- 1 serving of spaghetti (around 1/3 of a handful)
- 1 bell pepper
- 1 handful of cut up pork (can be substituted with other meats)
- 1/4 of an onion
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce (adjust to your liking)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce (adjust to your liking)
- Cooking oil
- Chop up onions and bell peppers
- Boil water and cook spaghetti
- Add oil to pan and cook the pork until brown
- Add onions and bell pepper
- Add oyster sauce, soy sauce, and pepper to taste
- Add spaghetti
- Stir until well-mixed
ZE:A‘s Park Hyung Sik shares with us his take on fried rice with minimal effort. I know we will all be sad the day we have to see him leave for his national duties, where he may be eating this daily.
- 1 cup of rice
- 1 handful of cubed ham (can be substituted with other meats)
- 1 egg
- Red pepper sauce (adjust to your liking)
- Dried seaweed
- Garlic (optional)
- Onion (optional)
- Fry the cubed ham
- Crack the egg and scramble it
- Add the rice
- Add red pepper sauce
- Add seaweed on top as garnish
- If you are looking for a little something extra to embellish the fried rice, add garlic or onion to give it an extra kick.
Although many believe that this delicious and artery-clogging snack can only be found at carnivals, it is quite simple to make in the comfort of your home and can be enjoyed with a glass of milk! Imagine how many people you could impress with this recipe brought to us by Jo Jung Chi and Lim Kim.
- 4 Oreos
- 2/3 cup of pancake mix
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1 egg
- Powdered sugar
- Mix pancake mix, egg, and milk together in a bowl
- Place oreos in the batter
- Fry one or two in oil at a time
- Remove them (with a sieve if you have one)
- Sprinkle powdered sugar on top
The name of this dish, “Happy Two More,” was originally created by Jung Jun Ha and his wife; they came up with the name because he wanted his recipes to make you “happy” and have you wanting “two more.” Unfortunately, his recipes were unsuccessful, so competitor Song Eun Yi, as a jab at Jung Jun Ha, stole the name and named her recipe “Happy Two More.”
- A handful of rice cakes
- Half a handful of fish cakes
- 1 packet of instant spicy mixed noodle sauce
- Honey (enough to liquify the sauce)
- Boil the rice cakes until soft on the outside, but not cooked all the way through
- Once soft, arrange the fish and rice cakes on a skewer
- In a heated pan, add the instant spicy mixed noodle sauce and honey and mix together
- Grill the skewers while applying the sauce
Are there any other recipes from the show you want to try? Let us know in the comments below!
amycwang93 is a Soompi writer who loves online shopping, singing, and working out. Although she dreams that she is running alongside members of EXO and INFINITE, she would drop everything to see first generation idols Shinhwa and g.o.d. When she is not laughing at the hilarious antics of the Song triplets, she is busy studying education administration and aspiring to bridge cultural gaps within the education system.