Watch: “Boys24” Picks Final 24 And Crowns MVP Unit

Mnet’s boy group survival show “Boys24” has chosen its final lineup!


As the contestants’ final mission on August 6’s episode of “Boys24,” the guys of each unit perform new tracks that may be used as their performance songs in the coming year. Each unit is given a score for their performance, with audience votes making up 70 percent of the score, and expert votes determining the remaining 30 percent.

In this episode, one unit will be eliminated, which will determine the final twenty-four winners. In addition, one unit will take home the title of “MVP.”

The show starts off with all of the remaining contestants joining together for a performance of “Rising Star.”

As the first unit performers, Unit Red then takes the stage with “Starlight” to show off a lighter, brighter side compared to their usual powerful performances. Sadly, the experts’ reviews are not enthusiastic, and they only receive 225 points from them.

Unit White then performs the track “Time Leap,” which was composed by Sweetune. They are told that their outfits seemed to get in the way of their choreography, and that they didn’t show off their vocal talents. They receive 235 points from the experts.

Unit Sky performs producer Shin Hyuk’s “Bop.” Although the track is described as being tough, they’re praised for their ability to pull it off. Including their bonus points, the unit grabs 294 points.

Unit Yellow is next up and performs “Yolo!”, which features rap lyrics that were written by BTOB’s Minhyuk, and their performance gets the best reviews so far. Shinhwa’s Shin Hye Sung says, “That didn’t seem like a final performance on a survival show, it felt like I was watching a debut performance on a music show. I think this song is the one that has fit you guys the best.” His comments bring member Jinsuk to tears!

Shin Hye Sung adds, “When I see Unit Yellow, I think of the period when Shinhwa was living in a dorm together. I like that they’re so energetic and are overflowing with ‘beagle’ charms.” Including their bonus points, Unit Yellow receives a score of 304.

Finally, Unit Green takes the stage to perform the hip hop track “Candy Shop,” and they’re complimented by the experts on their bright energy and choreography. They take 284 points, putting them in third place after Unit Yellow and Unit Sky in the experts’ votes.

In the end, the members of Unit Yellow, Unit Sky, Unit White, and Unit Green are chosen as the final 24 winners, with Unit Red being eliminated.

The final winners are (in no particular order): Doha, Youngdoo, Jaehyun, Haejun, Jinsub, Inho, Changmin, Yonghyun, Sangmin, Isaac, Hwayoung, Yongkwon, Woojin, Inpyo, Jihyung, Chanyi, Minhwan, San, Hochul, Jinsuk, Lowoon, Sunghwan, Hongin, and Jaemin.

Unit Yellow is crowned as the MVPs, receiving a 200 million won (approximately $179,000) cheque to fund the recording of an album.

boys24 1

Although the show is now over, this is nowhere near the end of the competition for the guys! Starting on September 22, the final 24 will performing in venues for the next year, before the final six members of the group will be chosen and make their debut. The eventual group will be permanent, and not temporary as with I.O.I from Mnet’s previous show “Produce 101.”

Who do you hope makes the final six and debuts as a new group?

Source (1) (2)

How does this article make you feel?