9 Moments That All International K-Pop Fans Know Too Well
Through fandom wars, group break-ups, and company scandals, if there’s one thing the K-pop world cannot break, it’s the bond that is forged from the struggles of being an international fan.
1. Looking at those tour dates and seeing that my country is not there:
CATCH ME OUTSIDE ENTERTAINMENT COMPANIES HOW ABOUT THAT
And trying not to be too salty about it.
2. But when the favs finally do decide to come to my country:
First it’s shock…
Then the dance party with the K-pop squad…
Before getting down to business and planning the ticketing strategy.
3. Waiting for English subs like:
And just laughing because they’re laughing.
4. When you want to jam out to your favorite songs:
During the Korean parts:
Trying to sing along with the romanized words like:
Sarang? What is sarang? Am I even saying it right?
But during the English parts:
YOU ARE MY DESTINY~
5. Watching fans in Korea go to fan meetings and other events exclusive to Korea:
6. When they drop MVs, do V Lives, and tweet at 12 a.m. KST:
7. When people ask why you listen to K-pop if you can’t understand the language:
8. Using K-pop terms in a non K-pop setting:
9. And lastly: “Do you know K-pop?” “Yes! I love Oppa Gangnam Style.”
mayme22’s favorite Bible verses at the moment are 2 Corinthians 4:16-18.