Highlight’s Yong Junhyung Personally Denies Rumors Of Participation In Group Chatroom With Hidden Camera Footage

Highlight’s Yong Junhyung has written on Instagram to personally respond to speculations.

The March 11 episode of SBS’s “8 O’Clock News” included a report on a group chatroom including BIGBANG’s Seungri that is said to have involved the sharing of illegal hidden camera videos and photos. A previous report stated that there were eight people in the chatroom, including Seungri, two male singers, CEO Yoo of Yoori Holdings, acquaintance Mr. Kim, one entertainment agency employee, and two regular citizens.

The March 11 report from SBS stated that one of the singers was Jung Joon Young, while the other singer was identified simply as “Singer Yong.” SBS News included a simulated screenshot of the alleged group chatroom in which “Singer Yong” is seen replying to Jung Joon Young. When Jung Joon Young states that he had been caught filming someone and sharing the video, “Singer Yong” replies to ask if he meant that he was caught by the woman.

Yong is not a common family name in Korea, and it became speculated online that “Singer Yong” was Yong Junhyung.

Later on March 11, Yong Junhyung’s agency Around Us Entertainment issued a statement explaining that the message was not from a group chatroom. They clarified that in 2016, Yong Junhyung had sent the message to Jung Joon Young in a one-on-one conversation when inquiring about what was going on with the singer. The agency stated that Yong Junhyung was not in a chatroom with Jung Joon Young in which hidden camera footage was shared, and also has never been in any group chatroom with him.

Yong Junhyung has now posted on Instagram to directly address the situation. He wrote:

Hello, this is Yong Junhyung.

I am also in a state of confusion, but since it seems like there are many people who are worried or angry because of me, I’m personally sharing this post. I was truly taken aback when I heard that it was said that I may have participated in or been caught up in this incident according to the news report today, and regardless of whether or not it’s true, I’ve once again looked back on myself because of the fact that my name was mentioned in relation to this. The reported content that was edited together after removing the context is entirely not true, and when I heard about this content I couldn’t even recognize that such events had occurred.

You can think that even what I said when I thoughtlessly answered with a question was a mistake. In the future I will be a little more careful about everything I say and do.

From Yong Junhyung.

View this post on Instagram

안녕하세요 용준형입니다 저조차도 혼란스러운데 저때문에 걱정 혹은 분노하신 분들이 많은 것 같아 이렇게 직접 글 올립니다 금일 보도된 내용에 제가 이번 사건에 동참하였거나 혹은 연루되어있다는 말을 들었을때 정말 당황스럽고, 사실 여부를 떠나 이런 일에 연관되어 이름이 거론되었다는 사실에 다시 한번 저를 돌아보게 되었습니다. 앞뒤 상황을 배제하고 짜깁기되어 보도된 내용은 전혀 사실이 아니며, 저는 이런 내용을 들었을 당시 그런 일들이 있다는 것도 인지하지 못했었습니다. 제가 정말 무심코 반문했던 말에도 잘못이 있다고 생각하실 수 있습니다. 앞으로는 모든 언행을 좀더 신중히 하도록 하겠습니다. 용준형 올림

A post shared by HIGHLIGHT (@bigbadboii) on

How does this article make you feel?
0
0
0
0
0