Koreans Vote For Most Notable Drama And Film Actors Of 2019
Along with the polls on the top artists, songs, and idols of 2019, Gallup Korea has also revealed results for the drama stars and film stars of the year.
Gallup Korea has been holding this survey annually since 2007. This year, 1,700 people ages 13 and up located all around the country were surveyed from November 8 through 28.
The margin of error is ±2.4 percent at the 95 percent confidence level.
Respondents were asked to list up to two drama actors and two film actors who showed excellent performance in 2019.
The top 10 responses for the drama actors are as follows:
1. Gong Hyo Jin (12.4 percent)
2. Kang Ha Neul (12.0 percent)
3. Go Doo Shim (7.0 percent)
4. Park Bo Gum (5.0 percent)
5. Gong Yoo / Jung Hae In (4.7 percent)
7. IU (4.2 percent)
8. Yum Jung Ah (3.9 percent)
9. Kim Soo Mi (3.2 percent)
10. Lee Seung Gi / Choi Bool Am (3.0 percent)
“When the Camellia Blooms” showed strong impact with the top three actors all having starred in the drama. Park Bo Gum ranked in the top five for the fourth consecutive year, being the only actor to do so. Gong Yoo, Kim Soo Mi, and Choi Bool Am notably made the list without starring in any dramas this year.
The top 10 responses for the film actors are as follows:
1. Song Kang Ho (29.8 percent)
2. Ma Dong Seok (18.2 percent)
3. Gong Yoo (8.9 percent)
4. Jo Jin Woong (8.5 percent)
5. Lee Byung Hun / Ha Jung Woo (7.1 percent)
7. Jung Woo Sung (4.5 percent)
8. Yoo Hae Jin (4.1 percent)
9. Hwang Jung Min (3.6 percent)
10. Honey Lee (3.3 percent)
Song Kang Ho, who starred in films including “Parasite,” took an overwhelming lead this year with nearly 30 percent of the votes. Ma Dong Seok, who placed first last year, came in at No. 2 this year. Honey Lee is the only actress of the top 10 film actor ranking.