[Recap] Soompi Weekly Roundup – September Week 3
All the important Korean Entertainment news from this week in one place: This is your Weekly Soompi Roundup!
Thanks to Chuseok, the Korean Thanksgiving holiday, Koreans had a five day weekend. So what were Koreans doing since they weren’t working or going to school? They were watching all the Chuseok specials! Here is the list of Soompi’s Chuseok centered articles
- Top 8 Celebrities Netizens Want to Introduce to Their Parents During Chuseok (because this holiday is a good reason enough to make these kind of lists)
- Celebrities Celebrating Chuseok (C what I did there?)
- 2013 Idol Athletics Part 1 and 2
- Idols and Their Chuseok Greetings
- More Idols Giving Chuseok Greetings
- Even More Idols Giving Chuseok Greetings
- NU’EST Wishing Soompiers (You!) a Happy Chuseok
In other non-Chuseok news..
- Park Jin Young is getting married! We should all go to his wedding and whisper, “JYP.”
- Who looks hotter in uniform – Song Joong Ki or Yoo Seung Ho? What kind of awful unanswerable question is that?????
- Lee Jong Suk, Amber, and Ga In celebrated their birthdays this week! Thank you for being born and making the world a little more beautiful.
- Cha No Ah, Cha Seung Won‘s gamer son admited to all Marijuana charges.
- Justin Beiber is Canada/USA’s closest thing to an idol and he’s coming to perform in Korea for his world tour. Rumor has it G-Dragon and PSY will join him on stage.
- Park Yoo Chun‘s Auntie, I mean Noona Fans generously donated to a library in his name.
Next…a lot of big comebacks lined up for the month of October.
The music video of the week goes to JYJ‘s “Only One” because “you can do eeeet.”
Other notable music videos (not many this week):
- In other music news, Big Bang, T-ara, and IU have chosen their comeback dates for October.
- After that The Boss will make a comeback with a new agency in Novemeber.
- Tired of mainstream K-Pop? Check out our under rated artist feature: One.
- There are special packages on sale for MYNAME and Lim Kim! Get it while they last!
This week’s fashion pictorial to In Style‘s star studded pictorial. Can you name all the top celebrities? I’ll start you off with Jung Woo Sung, Ha Ji Won, Han Hyo Joo….
For more gorgeous Korean celebrity looks, check out our Week’s Best Dressed.
Next…you know what upcoming drama I’m going to gush about…
Heirs. Heirs. Heirs. “The Heirs.” The complete cast character posters are out and so are stills from Lee Min Ho and Park Shin Hye‘s first meeting. My questions is: How will this drama be different than “Boys Over Flowers?” Lee Min Ho even has his hair (slightly) permed in this one too!
There are other dramas too
- Like “Master’s Sun” and the way it just plays with our emotions.
- “Future Choice“ first script reading with Yoon Eun Hye, Lee Dong Gun, and Jung Yong Hwa.
- Seohyun’s kiss scene stills revealed! Ooh la la.
- First stills of “Medical Top Team” show Minho and Jung Ryeo Won getting covered with blood.
- Ji Chang Wook will join Ha Ji Won and Joo Jin Mo in upcoming historial drama.
- Uh oh, Moon Geun Young suffered a slight eye injury on the set of “Goddess of Fire” but she’s A-OK.
- Did you know many of your favorite actors and actresses were once idol members? Does this mean our favorite idols will be in their shoes in 15 years? Hard to imagine!
- 2PM‘s Taecyeon, Lee Yeon Hee, and Joo Ji Hoon make a good looking love triangle for upcoming movie “Marriage Blue.”
- Indie Korean-American movie “Wedding Palace” starring Brian Tee and Kang Hye Jung will be showing in theaters in the U.S. You need to definitely check that out!
In variety news…
- Gary kissed Song Ji Hyo. I’m just waiting for the day when they come out and say, “The Monday Couple is real! Rejoice!”
- Don’t worry Key fans! There will be “no tongue” with his costar Dana in the musical “Bonnie and Clyde.” Is this the reality that you wanted?
- Even Yoon Hoo has a girlfriend. Just saying.
- “Shinhwa Broadcast” will be in hiatus for a little longer. Let’s be patient! Perhaps the longer we wait the more amazing the next season will be!
- New couples made their debut on “We Got Married.” I shared my thoughts, how about yours?