[Recap] Soompi Weekly Roundup November Week 4
All the important Korean Entertainment news from this week in one place: This is your Weekly Soompi Roundup!
- 2NE1’s Minzy went out and said what we already knew: Her nose has been altered. Now I’m waiting for Park Bom’s confession but maybe it’s too late for that?
- YG Entertainment confirmed that Teddy, the man behind all the hits, is dating actress Han Ye Seul. I think this couple really works because Teddy is really, really cool and Han Ye Seul is really, really pretty.
- Around the same time it was announced that another YG Producer is dating Brown Eyed Girls’ Jea. Perhaps dating YG music producers will be a new trend?
- The actresses who were charged for propofol abuse received prison sentences and fines. Yikes, hopefully the appeals will go through and people will stop messing with this drug!
- Rumors spread that another top star was being investigated but the prosecution quickly denied it.
- The celebrities charged for gambling were fined according to how much they gambled. Some of them were not terrible, but then there were some pretty high figures up there.
- INFINITE’s agency admitted that “Chocolate Girl” actually dated L because she went to Twitter and just said it after hinting at it for so long.
- Choi Jin Shil’s last manager was found dead in a hotel room. This is incredibly sad news, but also something that should teach us that our lives matter and continue to have an effect on other people even after we’re gone.
- I would like to see JYJ go five months without being in some kind of lawsuit. The group sued a publishing company for using their photo without permission.
- Han Hyo Joo’s ex-manager tried to blackmail the actress, but didn’t do a great job. The culprits are under custody and it turns out they didn’t even have the explicit pictures they had threatened her with.
- Ailee had explained that she had been scammed by a fake modeling agency but people didn’t really believe her. Turns out, there are police records that prove that she filed a report. K-Pop can make us skeptical but sometimes we need to have a little faith in our celebrities.
- Congratulations to MC Sniper on his marriage, and Hwang In Hyuk and Kim Yeon Joo on their upcoming marriages, not to each other.
- Actress So Yoo Jin will become a mother and will continue with filming “Beautiful Man” while she is pregnant.
- Rain is being investigated again for his special treatment during his military service.
- The final round of Soompi Ulzzang Contest is finally here! Look at their photos and watch their videos because you may be voting for future idols! I have my favorites, what are yours?
- It was Thanksgiving! The staff at Soompi shared what they were thankful, and some of them were kind of interesting and random.
The fashion pictorial goes to Park Han Byul because she is really working that short hair!
Next…What am I to you?
The music video of the week goes to History and their “What Am I to You” because the song is great and I just love handsome angst.
Other notable music videos:
- Hyorin – “One Way Love” and “Lonely”
- 2AM – “Regret”
- VIXX – “Voodoo Doll” Clean version
- TASTY – “Day N’ Night”
- Younha – “I’m Fine”
- Pro C – “Bad Memory” Feat. K. Will
- J-Walk – “First Day of Snow”
- The Boss – “Why Goodbye”
In other music news,
- 2013 MAMA finally happened and a lot of people say it was epic. Find out for yourself here in our results and recap.
- Crayon Pop has been accused of plagiarism, again.
- The Gloss will make a debut as three members, instead of four. They should do a collaboration with The Boss.
- Dabit is a new Korean-American singer who will debut very soon, so keep an eye out for him.
- Tired of the mainstream? Check out our underrated new music releases for the second half of this month.
- U-Kiss will be coming to the U.S. for their first U.S. tour!
- EXO will release a special winter album in December.
The SNS picture of the week goes to Seohyun because she looks uber pretty here.
Next…they look so cute when they’re sleeping.
Aw, filming for a drama must be tiring. The cast members of “The Heirs” look so cute as they take mini naps in between takes.
In other drama and film news…
- “Reply 1994” is owning the ratings, and it’s gotten to a point where the show is competing with itself.
- Kim Hyun Joong will be a new movie “Age of Feeling” and he will play a character who is hot.
- Medical Top Team is no longer third in ratings! That means that “Beautiful Man” had to take the spot.
- Two teasers for “My Lover From the Stars” have been released and I like the second one better, but why is he wearing a towel, IN the shower?
- Don’t forget to check out our recaps of the “The Heirs.”
The second season of “1N2D” has ended and now we need to get ready for the third season. Hopefully the new cast will get friendly with each other soon.
In other variety news…
- My “We Got Married” recaps are the best, just saying.
- This is why you need to be nice to everyone: You never know when you will audition for a TV program and need to rely on popular opinion. If you treat people badly and terrorize your school, they will not keep silent.
- EXO aired their first variety show this week. I hope they are as funny as they are cute.
- “Our Neighborhood Arts and Physical Education” needs a shorter name. The basketball team will be going to Japan to play some friendly b-ball.
That’s all for this recap! Leave a comment below and as always, talk to Noona! Follow her on Twitter.