Jessica Issues Public Statement Following Girls’ Generation Departure
Former Girls’ Generation member Jessica has issued a public statement to clarify her position in the wake of her sudden ejection from the group. The star issued the statement through her fashion business, BLANC.
The contents of the letter can be seen below:
Hello there, this is Jessica.
On September 29, I was informed that I would be leaving Girls’ Generation. This has caused me a great deal of shock and sadness, so I would like to tell my side of the story.
Girls’ Generation activities have always taken priority over my private life and business activities. In spite of my hard work, though, the agency [SM Entertainment] has asked me to leave the group.
During my business dealings, I have always taken care to inform SM and the other members of the group about my activities, and have always asked for their understanding in this matter.
I had received permission from SM, and this agreement lasted until the beginning of August, when I was setting BLANC up. The other members of the group had also offered me their congratulations on this matter.
That changed in September, though, a month after BLANC had been launched. The other members of the group had a change of heart. At a meeting of the other eight members, it was decided that I would be told to either turn my back on my business or leave the group.
I told them that I had already received SM’s permission for my business activities, and that as they had never interfered with my work with Girls’ Generation. I also said that I had signed a contract with a business partner, and could not back out of my commitments after only one month. I said that it was unfair to force me into making a decision such as this. Joining the group is the best thing that has ever happened to me, and leaving Girls’ Generation had never occurred to me before.
I approached the SM management on September 16 to ask for clarification. At this meeting I was told that I still had the company’s blessing to continue with my business activities.
On September 29, though, I was given a notice informing me that I was no longer a member of the group. Because of this fact, I was absent from the fan meeting event in China on September 30. I have also been left out of all further group activities.
I have put 15 years of hard work and dedication into Girls’ Generation, and it has caused me a lot of pain. I cannot hide how sad I am that I was asked by the agency and the other members of the group to leave just because I wanted to start my own business.
I want to say sorry to the fans who have been worried by all this. I hope that they will understand that this is not the way I wanted things to happen. I have always valued Girls’ Generation, and always will. Thank you very much for your support and your love.
- Tyler Kwon Updates His Weibo, Says There Is No Plan for Marriage Anytime Soon & Sends Jessica a Message of Support
- Jessica Reported to Be Preparing for May Wedding in Hong Kong
- SM Releases Official Statement Regarding Jessica, Girls’ Generation to Continue as 8
- [Updated w/Media Reports on Tyler Kwon’s Involvement] Jessica Not Present at Airport With the Rest of the Girls’ Generation Members Following Weibo Message
- Jessica’s Weibo Account Possibly Hacked with Message of Her Leaving Girls’ Generation
- Girls’ Generation’s Jessica Rumored to Be Considering Marriage by Chinese Media