11 Things You Didn’t Know About Actress Jun Ji Hyun
Talented and beautiful actress Jun Ji Hyun is set to return to the small-screen in November through the highly anticipated drama “The Legend of the Blue Sea,” and we’re just as excited and curious as you are to see her play a mermaid struggling to survive in modern-day Seoul. While we wait for her glorious return, check out the 10 interesting facts about the actress below!
1. Born in 1981, she is the same age as Kang Dong Won, Song Ji Hyo, Jo In Sung, Jang Nara, and many more popular stars.
2. She debuted in 1997 through the fashion magazine ecole.
3. Her real name is Wang Ji Hyun, not Jun Ji Hyun. Her English name is Gianna Jun.
4. She’s only appeared in four dramas in her 19-year career.
The upcoming “The Legend of the Blue Sea,” coming exclusively to Viki, will be her fifth!
5. She was once an emcee for SBS’s “Inkigayo.”
6. In comparison to dramas, she has appeared in 13 films, most famously, the mega Hallyu hit “My Sassy Girl,” co-starring Cha Tae Hyun.
7. She married in 2012 to a non-celebrity.
They attended the same elementary school. They had their first child, a son, early this year.
8. Her husband is the grandson of famed hanbok designer Lee Young Hee.
Her brother-in-law, Choi Joon Ho, was a member K-pop group X-Large that debuted in 2001.
9. She is in the process of getting her master’s degree at Dongguk University, Graduate School of Digital Media and Contents. She also received her Bachelor’s degree in Drama at the university.
10. Jun Ji Hyun was pregnant while filming “Assassination,” in which she played a sniper for the Korean independence movement.
11. In addition to 2015’s “Assassination,” Jun Ji Hyun has another film with 10 million viewers recorded under her name – the 2012 blockbuster “The Thieves.”
Jun Ji Hyun experienced a career revival starting in 2012 with the massive success of “The Thieves” and she’s continued on to be in one hit after the next since then, including the 2013 drama “My Love From the Star.” While we wait for her next crazily addictive drama in the form of “The Legend of the Blue Sea,” watch “My Love From the Star” for the first time, or all over again below!
Link to video: www.viki.com/videos/1026409v-my-love-from-the-star-episode-1