13 Stars Who Have Unexpected University Majors
While there are many singers and actors who pursue higher university education, most of them usually choose to study something related to their line of work.
However, sometimes, celebrities dive into fields of studies that have nothing to do with singing, dancing, or acting, and that’s the case for these 13 stars below!
1. CNBLUE’s Jung Yong Hwa (China Studies at Kyung Hee Cyber University)
Jung Yong Hwa’s major in China Studies may come in handy for him because he actively promotes in China!
2. Kang Dong Won (Mechanical Engineering at Hanyang University)
After attending a prestigious private high school, Kang Dong Won entered Hanyang University and graduated with a degree in Mechanical Engineering.
3. BIGBANG’s G-Dragon (Leisure Sports Studies at Gukje Digital University)
G-Dragon was accepted to Kyung Hee University’s Postmodern Music Department in 2008, but due to his busy schedule, he transferred to Gukje Digital University to study Leisure Sports Studies.
4. B.A.P’s Himchan (Percussion at Korea National University of Arts)
Himchan is known for his prowess with traditional Korean instruments since his high school days. He entered Korea National University of Arts at the top of his class.
5. Song Joong Ki (Business Administration at Sungkyunkwan University)
Although he dreamed of becoming a short track speed skater since he was in elementary school, a knee injury forced him to retire that dream. Instead, he studied hard to be accepted into the prestigious Sungkyunkwan University.
6. Wonder Girls’ Hyerim (Translation and Interpretation Studies at Hankuk University of Foreign Studies)
Hyerim is able to speak three languages fluently and was admitted into Hankuk University of Foreign Studies just last year.
7. BOYS24’s Choi Jaehyun (Business Administration at Pennsylvania State University)
When Choi Jaehyun made a guest appearance on tvN’s “Problematic Men,” he impressed the cast members and audience with his smarts and looks.
8. Kim Tae Hee (Fashion at Seoul National University)
It’s well-known that she was famous for her beauty even at the time that she was attending school!
9. Girl’s Day’s Sojin (Mechanical Engineering at Yeungnam University)
Sojin attended Yeungnam University with a scholarship. Also famous for her appearance at school, she confessed that she had almost never bought her own meals when she was in university.
10. Gong Minzy (Religious Studies at Baekseok University)
Gong Minzy is currently attending Baekseok University. Back in 2015, she wrote in her university newspaper, “I want to become a pastor who can act as a link to make it easier for children to become familiar with Christianity.”
11. Lee Seung Gi (International Relations at Dongguk University)
Lee Seung Gi initially entered the News Broadcast Department at Dongguk University, but changed his major to International Relations. It has been told that he had graduated with outstanding grades despite his busy work as a singer.
12. Go Ah Sung (Psychology at Sungkyunkwan University)
She studied tirelessly for her acceptance into the prestigious Sungkyunkwan University. She previously explained how hard she studied in high school, saying, “I’d grit my teeth and endure an overnight shoot, then change into my uniform to go to school right away.”
13. Dynamic Duo’s Choiza (Hotel Management at Sejong University)
Known for his smarts, he previously revealed on a radio program that he scored 340 points out of 400 in the Korean College Scholastic Ability Test in 1998.
Do you know of any other stars with majors unrelated to their work? Tell us below!