7 Popular Male Actors Who Played Minor Roles Before Rising To Fame
Think of some of today’s biggest stars in the acting industry. They seem deserving of nothing less than the main lead in a drama, but there was a time when many of them were only given minor roles. Despite the rocky start, they climbed their way up to stardom with their undeniable skills and perseverance.
Here are seven popular male actors in minor roles you probably missed!
1. Hyun Bin in KBS2’s “Bodyguard”
He appeared as one of the female character’s stalker.
2. Ha Jung Woo in KBS’s “Age of Warriors” and SBS’s “Lovers in Prague”
Ha Jung Woo, who rarely stars in dramas nowadays, appeared in the two dramas above. In “Lovers in Prague,” he was the bodyguard of the president’s daughter (Jeon Do Yeon).
3. Park Seo Joon in KBS2’s “Dream High 2“
Park Seo Joon appeared in the drama as an idol and a playboy, which is quite different from the roles he plays now.
4. Park Bo Gum in KBS2’s “Bridal Mask“
Park Bo Gum was a member of the independence army.
5. Lee Jong Suk in SBS’s “Secret Garden“
Lee Jong Suk appeared in the drama as genius composer Sun who one-sidedly loved Oska (Yoon Sang Hyun).
6. Ryu Jun Yeol in KBS’s “Producer“
Ryu Jun Yeol appeared as a new producer and Kim Soo Hyun‘s coworker.
7. Seo Kang Joon in SBS’s “To the Beautiful You“
Seo Kang Joon made a very brief appearance as Sulli‘s classmate. He isn’t even listed as part of the cast, but he’s definitely there!