[Recap] Weekly Soompi Roundup – June Week 1
All the important Korean Entertainment news from this week in one place: This is your Weekly Soompi Roundup! This week was drowned out by wedding bells!
- The question isn’t who went to Jung Suk Won and Baek Ji Young‘s wedding, it’s who wasn’t invited? I wasn’t :[
- I wasn’t invited to actor Kim Jae Won‘s shotgun wedding either.
- I’m not even holding my breath for Lee Byun Hun and Lee Min Jung‘s wedding.
- Don’t forget, Han Hye Jin and Jang Yoon Jung are also getting married soon.
- So who is not getting married? CL is not worried she might never get to because of her grillz.
- In non-wedding news, the CEO of Yedang Entertainment passed away from over exhaustion.
- CJ E&M released an official statement with the good news that Son Ho Young had been released from the hospital and currently taking a break.
- Kim Gu Ra said what everyone is thinking about Kim Tae Hee‘s acting in a subtle, ambiguous, passive sort of way.
- Jung Yong Hwa and his fans taught a lesson a in generosity through donating rice for a soup kitchen.
Next… What was the most anticipated music video here at Soompi?
You voted and Henry‘s “Trap“won almost half of the votes! Congratulations to Henry! MBLAQ‘s “Smoky Girl” came in second, so make sure to check out that music video as well. Other notable music videos include Rainbow‘s “Sunshine“, Boys Republic‘s debut music video “Party Rock“, and Bumkey‘s “Bad Girl” featuring E-Sens.
Next week will have hot girl groups taking over! SISTAR says “Give It to Me” with a Moulin Rouge theme music video, After School is still teasing us with their maxi single, and Chocolat wants to prove they are sexy too, with “Black Tinkerbell.”
Next… A gentleman always shows his “manner legs.”
In variety news SHINee’s Minho and Onew continue the trend of “manner legs,” which is a little different than “manner hands.” Actress So Yi Hyun refuses to become Mrs. Sparta on “Running Man.” Don’t worry Kim Jong Gook, maybe Chansung and Taecyeon can partner up with you when they come on the show. UEE opens up her home to her “Barefoot Friends” cast mates. Lee Jong Suk gives a very reasonable explanation as to why people thought he didn’t like IU.
Kim Soo Hyun’s “Secretly and Greatly” is finally out and breaks records. That’ll be Gong Yoo’s goal for his upcoming movie “Suspect.” On the smaller screen, Suzy and Lee Seung Gi finally, finally have their kiss. Taemin played a high school idol in “Cyrano”, which is just him going back to last year. Seo In Guk is really making his name known as an actor and will join So Ji Sub in a drama, as long as he gets paid this time.
Next…NS Yoonji received Soompiers’ approval for her lingerie shoot.
Haha made everyone go “aaww” as he shared an adorable picture of his wife, Byul, who is seven months pregnant! Nicole decided to go back to short hair. Yuri is learning guitar for her role in the movie “No Breathing.”
That’s all for this week! What was your favorite story of the week? Let us know in the comments below. Until next week…