Koreans Vote For Most Notable Artists And Songs Of 2020
Gallup Korea has revealed its results for the most-loved artists and songs of 2020!
The research company Gallup Korea conducted surveys in July, September, October, and November among 5,100 people aged 13 years and older in Korea (except for Jeju Island) to find out their favorite singers and songs from this year.
The margin of error is ±2.0 percent at the 95 percent confidence level.
Respondents were split into two different range groups (13 to 39 and 40 and up) and were asked to list up to three of their favorite artists/groups from 2020.
The top 10 responses for the age range of 13 to 39 are as follows:
- BTS (39.2 percent)
- IU (21.1 percent)
- BLACKPINK (13.6 percent)
- Im Young Woong (10.8 percent)
- TWICE (7.8 percent)
- Young Tak (7.7 percent)
- Zico (5.7 percent)
- Red Velvet (4.8 percent)
- MAMAMOO’s Hwasa (4.3 percent)
- Paul Kim (4.1 percent)
The top 10 responses for the age range of 40 and up are as follows:
- Im Young Woong (36.9 percent)
- Young Tak (27.3 percent)
- Na Hoon Ah (17.2 percent)
- Jang Yoon Jung (12.8 percent)
- Jin Sung (12.1 percent)
- Jung Dong Won/Lee Chan Won(10.4 percent)
- Kim Ho Joong (10.0 percent)
- Song Ga In (8.6 percent)
- BTS (8.3 percent)
In the list that was chosen by respondents between the ages of 13 to 39, BTS maintained their No. 1 spot for the third consecutive year. IU rose to second place this year after being ranked No. 4 last year, and BLACKPINK entered the list at third place.
Im Young Woon entered both lists and even placed No. 1 in the ranking by respondents in the age group 40 and up. Young Tak and Na Hoon Ah came in second and third, respectively. Jung Dong Won and Lee Chan Won shared the sixth place spot.
For the second question, respondents were asked to list up to three of their favorite songs in 2020 (although not necessarily released this year).
The top 10 for the age range of 13 to 39 are as follows:
- BTS – “Dynamite” (19.6 percent)
- IU – “eight” (7.6 percent)
- Hwasa – “Maria” (5.8 percent)
- Zico – “Any Song” (5.0 percent)
- BLACKPINK – “Lovesick Girls” (3.9 percent)
- Im Young Woong – Trust in Me (3.7 percent)
- Jessi – “NUNU NANA”/BTS – “Boy With Luv” (3.4 percent)
- BLACKPINK – “How You Like That” (3.2 percent)
- Young Tak – “Jin Jin Jin” (3.1 percent)
The song rankings for the group 40 and up included four songs by Im Young Woong, two songs by Young Tak, and songs by other trot singers like Na Hoon Ah, Jin Sung, and Lee Chan Won. Young Tak took the No. 1 spot with his song “A Glass of Makgeolli.”
BTS’s “Dynamite” came first among respondents between the ages of 13 and 39, and the group’s hit song “Boy With Luv,” which scored No. 1 last year, shared the seventh place spot with Jessi’s “NUNU NANA.” Im Young Woong’s “Trust In Me” entered the rankings for both age groups.